The other day I was looking at bookmarks.
Not an unusual activity when one is visiting a bookshop. For some reason bookmarks are part of the merchandise. Have you ever noticed that?
I suppose what was strange about the excursion was that I started to write down what some of them said. What was even stranger was that the shop assistant didn’t even raise an eyebrow at this random shopper noting down the quips and quotes from their bookmark stand. Perhaps it happens more often than you might think.
Today I thought I’d share some of them with you because…well I don’t know really…because I have them to share perhaps?
So, for your eye-rolling, pun limit testing, groan out loud, mild aww moment, amusement, allow me to present 20 bookmark quotes.
- Don’t judge a book by its movie
- To read or not to read? – That is a silly question.
- Hold my page.
- Admit it. You’re a certified bookworm.
- Create your own story.
- Zombies just want piece of mind.
- Just one more page.
- The only thing you absolutely have to know is the location of the library.
- Carpe Librum – Seize the book.
- Prone to crushes on boys in books.
- Books are proof that humans can work magic.
- I’m not lonely silly – I have a book.
- Abibliophobia – the fear of running out of things to read.
- Bookworms will rule the world – as soon as we finish one more chapter.
- People who hate to read scare me.
- I was born with a reading list I’ll never finish.
- Between the pages of a book is a lovely place to be.
- I like my coffee strong and my books long.
- Reading is dreaming with open eyes.
- A book is a gift you can open again and again.
Which ones did you like? Or do you have more you know of which could have been added to the list?